You can run into Geo-restrictions or protection problems whether you’re in New Zealand or trying to access Kiwi material from elsewhere. Your data may be shared with third-party companies, the government is free to deploy website filters to restrict particular websites, and there have also been indications of widespread Internet surveillance because New Zealand is a member of the 5-Eyes alliance.
Getting a trustworthy VPN will easily remove all of these restrictions. By hiding your whereabouts and encrypting traffic, it will not only assist you in getting over the infamous Geo-restrictions but also protect you and your data.
We tested a variety of VPN services and compiled a list of our top recommendations for security, New Zealand servers, programming flexibility, and performance.
Therefore, to know which New Zealand VPN is the best and ideal for you, read the entire article.
Secure and Speedy Best VPNs that Works for New Zealand
- Surfshark: VPN that you can easily share with the family.
- NordVPN: VPN for the fastest streaming without experiencing any lag.
- IPVanish: VPN for high speed.
- ExpressVPN: Best VPN for New Zealand.
1. SurfShark: Fastest and Most Secure VPN for New Zealand
If you are on a budget and looking for an extremely fast VPN service provider, what are you waiting for? Buy Surfshark as soon as possible.
Through our test we found, Surfshark to be the quickest VPN provider. It shockingly has an incredible fraction of its all competitor’s prices. In addition, it has AES-256 encryption, and several proctors like an ad blocker, Kill switch, and WireGuard, all of that make it the VPN to get. While it may not be the free New Zealand VPN, you should get it as it has more than 3200+ servers available. Not to mention it is extremely easy to install and use.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Logins
- No-Logs Policy Audited by Cure53
- 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS/Android
- 3200+ Servers in 100 Countries
- No Split Tunneling on iOS
- Slow speeds on a few server locations
2. NordVPN: Freely Enjoy the Streaming in Zealand
Get hold of NordVPN if you’re looking for a server that can run Netflix and other streaming services.
One of the most well-known companies with unrivaled streaming capabilities ought to be NordVPN. Without any lag, you can rely on it to browse or watch anything.
You can quickly connect to this finest Netflix VPN and do a watching spree of your favorite TV shows thanks to its more than 5,500 servers spread out over the globe.
Prices for NordVPN commence at $2.99 per month. It also leads you to have 6 connections. NordVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’d want to test it out first.
- 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Audited by PwC Switzerland
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- 5,000+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Downtime Issues on Some Servers
3. ExpressVPN: Reliable Service Provider for New-Zealand
ExpressVPN is for sure the best VPN for New Zealand. It is extremely fast. This means whether you are binge-watching a series, playing video games, or trying to use torrent, it will still never slow your speed down.
We tested this gem with so many things, and experienced no lag! In addition, it is a great way to stream your favorite series from any part of the world. Yes, you got that right! This is because it has up to 3000+ servers in more than 94 countries. Through ExpressVPN we were readily able to access Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and so many more!
It comes with more detailed privacy and security features. This way you will never fret about leaking. In addition, it has a kill switch through which all your activities will remain private.
The best part is it is compatible with all devices and quite easy to use. While it isn’t a free New Zealand VPN, it comes with an amazing cash-back refund. You can always opt for it if you are not completely satisfied, which we doubt will ever happen.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Verified "No-Logs" Policy
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- 3,000+ Servers in 90+ Countries
- Split Tunneling/Network Kill Switch
- No Free Trial Available
Why Do I Need a VPN for NewZealand?
A VPN is a necessary tool in order to bypass various geo-restricted filters set by New Zealand, which will further strengthen your online security and privacy. Here are a few reasons why you need it:
Try Protecting Yourself from Getting Tracked: As mentioned before, New Zealand is also part of the 5-Eyes alliance which means your personal information can be shared with others. This means if New Zealand is tracking your behavior, then that information can easily be shared with Australia, Canada, and other places in alliances. A VPN encryption helps in preventing any information leaks and protects you from unwanted eyes.
Overseas Streaming of New Zealand Media: A VPN can let you get around these geographic restrictions if you’re traveling and concerned about missing NZ streaming sites or simply wish to view New Zealand’s content while based elsewhere. Because many streaming sites are NZ-only, you can use a VPN to gain access to them from any point in the world thanks to the technical wizardry of NZ-based servers.
Access Content that is Geo-restricted But Available Elsewhere: With a VPN, you may connect to a server located in any nation to view that country’s content, which opens up a whole new world of watching.
A Safe Method of Browsing: Your internet traffic must be encrypted and kept confidential at all times. By using a VPN, you can stop hackers from putting you at risk of online risks.
How We Tested and Selected the Best New Zealand VPN
Selecting the best VPN may be challenging because it depends on a number of factors. To assist you in finding the top VPN provider for New Zealand, we looked into a variety of VPN companies. The following were the main aspects that we tested while keeping in mind:
1. New Zealand Servers and Total Servers in General: To deliver exceptional service, a decent VPN must have a large number of local and international servers. The amount of users on one server decreases as the number of servers in the nation increases. This way the performance and speed are improved. Because of this, we chose suppliers who have a sizable server fleet, particularly in New Zealand.
2. Servers with a Specialization: There are several specialized VPN servers that fulfill a variety of functions because every user has a particular set of needs. These include duplicate VPN servers, disguised servers that bypass firewalls that prevent VPN traffic, and more. These are among our top choices to meet everyone’s needs.
3. Privacy: When it comes to selecting a VPN, this is unquestionably a crucial factor. Because of this, we only chose those that prioritize privacy and maintain a solid no-logs policy.
4. Security: It was essential to choose leading VPNs with quick protocols and robust encryption in order to guarantee next-generation security protocols, high-quality streaming, and quick speeds.
5. Additional Characteristics: Every top-notch VPN makes sure that you get to have extra features like a kill switch, which cuts off your gadget from the Internet immediately if the VPN connection stops, or split tunneling, which provides an additional layer of great speed by allowing you to route specific programs over an encrypted VPN. Additionally, useful features include antivirus, antivirus software, and tracking blocking.
Can I Use a Free New Zealand VPN?
While yes you can use it, we do not actually advise you to. In simple words, free VPNs are extremely limiting and not safe. Here are some dangers that lie with free VPNs.
Irritating ads. When you aren’t paying for the service, the providers will earn money by showing ads. Advertising is extremely annoying, as you have to watch the entire thing to use their service. Not only this, but it may also damage your phone.
Increase chances of phishing attacks. When using a free VPN, leads to several cyber threats and other issues such as viruses coming into your devices.
Risk of Information exposure. Free VPN does not have any logs policy. Hence it can easily collect your data and sell it to companies in order to get money.
Internet Surveillance Laws in New Zealand
While Internet censorship isn’t that strict in the lands of New Zealand, the country does belong to the 5-Eyes alliance, meaning your data is being tracked and can be shared with other alliances.
In addition, their government is known for filtering website traffic in order to hinder users from getting access to certain content and conduct mass Internet surveillance.
Telcos Must Retain Usage History
The government has a law which in May 2013, the GCSB’s authority. It essentially enables telcos to gather information and usage history from all residents.
According to New Zealand’s data retention policy, Telcos have to ensure that all their data stays safe and is not given to anyone else until the law asks for it.
ISPs actively Send Warnings on P2P Activities
There is no doubt that many people do torrent and P2P activities, whether it is to download movies or software. However, this is not legal. This means doing P2P sharing in NZ will get you in huge trouble. This is because it infringes copyrights. New Zealand allows ISPs to track you down in order to send warnings, and if you do not listen it will strike your access completely down.
No, VPNs are completely legal and they have no law against them. This is until you do not do anything illegal as you use the VPN. In simple words, as long as your activities are under the law, you are fine.
When it comes to introducing a reliable VPN to New Zealand, ExpressVPN without a doubt stands out. It has some excellent servers, and if you live in New Zealand and are traveling abroad you can also connect to any New Zealand VPN server and enjoy their content.
With this article, you will know the right option for VPN in New Zealand so that you can enjoy streaming content while being protected.