The Amazon FireStick is undoubtedly the most simplistic yet capable entertainment device available in these days, you can enjoy the world of entertainment on huge screen with fire TV stick that fits in the palm of your hand. But why do you require the best VPN to access Firestick from anywhere? Let’s look at the reasons listed below.
The majority of well-known streaming services, like Netflix, Disney+, and BBC iPlayer, are Geo-blocked, making them only available in specific regions. The good news is that by installing the low-cost and fastest VPN, you can get around any regional restrictions on your Firestick. With a VPN for Firestick, you can explore the endless options with security and privacy.
Despite the market having hundreds of capable VPNs, we have discovered that NordVPN performs best on Firestick due to its fast speeds, robust security features, and potential to get around Geo-restrictions on well-known streaming services like we have SonyLiv, ViuTV and others. You can watch seamless streaming on Firestick while keeping your online privacy safe from ISPs.
Secure VPNs That Works For Fire TV Stick
However, there are a number of other options that are equally competitive when performing on the Firestick, and we have thoroughly examined the best 5 Firestick VPNs among them in order to give you a full picture of your decisions. To rule out hundreds of Firestick VPNs, we have used the following criteria for finalizing the list of top 5 best Firestick VPNs.
- Availability of the dedicated app on the Amazon Store or APK file through the VPN provider
- A lightweight app that doesn’t slow down your Firestick experience.
- Stable App with fast streaming on various platforms.
- Extra points for being able to access websites like Netflix and Hulu safely.
- Affordable pricing without compromising on security and features.
So, let’s get started with a Quick overview of the Best 5 VPNs for Firestick which works flawlessly in 2023.
|Dedicated Firestick App||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Do I Need a VPN for Amazon Fire TV Stick?
YES, For getting access to unlimited channels and content libraries with better privacy and increased safety, you need a VPN for Firestick. A VPN for Firestick also enables you to get around Geo-restrictions and access streaming content from anywhere in the world by connecting to a server in a different location.
Overall, there are many advantages to using a VPN with an Amazon Firestick, including enhanced privacy and security, unrestricted access to content, and circumvention of ISP throttling.
3 Tested and Reliable Firestick VPNs
Using a VPN from the list of our top VPNs for Amazon Fire Stick is a wise decision, so read in detail on what basis these are in our top list out of hundreds.
1. NordVPN on Firestick: Lay-Back, Relax, and Watch Securely
NordVPN is the top performer VPN for Firestick users. You also will enjoy a fantastic entertaining experience because of its incredibly reliable and steady performance without any speed variations with more than 5500 servers located in 60 different countries. NordVPN also gives an immense torrenting, lag-free gaming, and uninterrupted downloading experience.
With a 2-year membership, you can get all the features of NordVPN for $3.99/month with 3 months extra. If it doesn’t fit your needs, you may make use of its free trial or test it out for free for 30 days.
- 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Audited by PwC Switzerland
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- 5,000+ Servers in 60+ Countries
- Downtime Issues on Some Servers
2. Surfshark: Premium Features for a Friendly Price
Surfshark VPN can be a highly alluring option for individuals who are on a tight budget but don’t want to compromise the overall quality of their Fire Stick VPN. The fleet of Surfshark is spread over 3,200+ servers in 60+ different countries. Due to the availability of a dedicated app on the Amazon app store, setup is minimal.
The Perfect VPN for streaming because it provides steady speed, has no connection restrictions, and gives users access to popular streaming services like US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and much more. Compatible with all the known platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux apps. However, to install Surfshark at the router level, manual installation is required.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Logins
- No-Logs Policy Audited by Cure53
- 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS/Android
- 3200+ Servers in 100 Countries
- No Split Tunneling on iOS
- Slow speeds on a few server locations
3. PureVPN: Access Fire TV Stick without Hassle
PureVPN holds the highest standards in terms of speed and security, it is one of the few VPNs that support US Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu when accessed from outside the US. Through the Amazon App Store on your Firestick, you can now download PureVPN’s app designed particularly for Fire TV. It is simple to download, install for amazon fire TV stick.
With your eyes closed, you may subscribe to PureVPN for your Firestick. This is due to the fact that it supports all the methods to enable VPN on any device from dedicated platform apps to custom router firmware.
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- 6,500+ servers in 78+ countries
- Budget-Friendly Yearly Plan
- 30-Day Refund Guarantee
- No Free Trial
- Linux app is limited
- WireGuard protocol Isn't working
4. CyberGhost: Binge Movies with Zero Bandwidth Limits
CyberGhost the last in this list which is an easy-to-use VPN for FireStick. Once configured, CyberGhost enables you to use a number of Geo-restricted streaming applications by the virtue of its 9700+ servers throughout 91 countries including 1353 servers in the US alone.
Provides some effective security solutions for all of its devices, including FireStick. AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and a no-log policy are some of these. Additionally, Apps are ideal for both novice and experienced VPN users.
- DNS and IP leak protection
- OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard® protocols
- Automatic Kill Switch
- 45-Day Refund Guarantee
- No Free Trial
- Linux app is limited
How To Pick The Best VPN For FireStick?
VPNs have become an essential tool for maintaining your online privacy. These services ensure that your online activity cannot be traced by encrypting your web traffic and redirecting it through a distant server. But with so many VPN alternatives, picking the best VPN for Firestick devices can be a difficult chore. If you are looking to find a Firestick VPN by yourself, keep the following things in mind in order to prevent any associated risks with the VPNs:
App Compatibility: Selecting a VPN that works with your Firestick device and check if the VPN service includes Fire stick-specific apps and others that are compatible with various platforms, like Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Protocols And Security: This includes a range of protection measures and encryption standards that the VPN uses to safeguard your online privacy. To guarantee that your online activity is secure, it’s critical to select a VPN that offers powerful encryption, like AES-256, and a selection of protocols, like OpenVPN and IKEv2.
Speed: Your streaming experience might be ruined by a slow VPN connection, so it’s critical to pick one that offers fast connections. Before you subscribe, test the VPN provider’s performance, and confirm that they have an extensive network of servers to guarantee you the fastest speed possible in your region.
Simultaneous Connections: It’s crucial to pick a VPN provider that allows you to connect multiple devices at once if you intend to utilize the VPN on several different devices. This is frequently referred to as the VPN’s “simultaneous connections” limit.
Unblocking Streams: Choosing a VPN that can bypass Geo-restrictions is particularly important if you intend to use your Firestick to view content that is blocked in your region. Verify the VPN service provider’s availability of servers in the countries from which you intend to view content.
Customer Service: Selecting a VPN company that provides trustworthy and efficient customer support is crucial. This will guarantee that you receive assistance as soon as you need it, and it can also give you peace of mind knowing that you have support available. Choose a VPN company that provides 24/7 customer care via many platforms, including live chat, email, and phone.
How Do I Set Up a FireStick VPN on My Device?
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, setting up a VPN on your Firestick is a straightforward process, so no need to worry about going into too much complex process. Here’s how to set up a Firestick VPN in five simple steps.
- Subscribe to our #1 recommended VPN for Firestick, or choose any other from our list.
- Go to the App Store on your Firestick to find the NordVPN app or click here to download its APK. Use the same procedure for all other VPNs.
3. Select “Get” to download the NordVPN app to your Fire Stick. When the app is installed, select “Open.”
4. Sign in using the credentials that you have provided during sign-up by clicking on “Log In”.
5. Press “Connect Now” and choose a server of your choice; generally, the closer it is to you, the faster it will be.
6. Click “OK” to approve the connection request. When the VPN is active, a dark “Key” icon will appear at the top of your Fire Stick screen.
7. Once connected, open your favorite streaming app on your Firestick to enjoy unbarred access to millions of content from all over the world.
Note: If your VPN provider doesn’t have a dedicated app for the Amazon Firestick, you can download the OpenVPN Connect software from the App Store and manually enter your login information by contacting the VPN’s customer service. Alternatively, you can use the SmartDNS feature which is available on all the top VPNs, marketed by different names such as MediaStreamer by ExpressVPN, SmartPlay by NordVPN, and so on.
Quick Fixes For VPN Is Not Working On FireStick
Before contacting customer service, there are a few steps you can perform to troubleshoot and fix the issue if your VPN for Fire TV Stick is not functioning properly. These steps are:
- If a Firestick VPN connection fails, open the device’s settings and switch the VPN protocol from OpenVPN (TCP) to OpenVPN (UDP) or vice versa.
- If problems persist, try hard restarting the Firestick device by turning it off and unplugging it for 5 minutes before powering it back.
- Change servers if you’re having sluggish streaming or browsing. Consider switching to a server at a different location.
- In case a VPN app fails to load, uninstall and reinstall the VPN app.
- If nothing works, it is always a good idea to contact customer support on the VPN provider’s website, so they can solve your problem in no time.
Are There Any Free FireStick VPNs?
There are several VPN providers which offer Free service but in return, you have to sacrifice either the speed or the bandwidth. In some cases, Free VPN providers steal your data and also show unwanted advertisements during your browsing sessions. So, it is always best not to compromise on your privacy to save some bucks when there are already some very cheap VPNs available that ensure your privacy for less than $2/month.
If you still need a Free Firestick VPN that does not compromise your privacy and offers unlimited bandwidth, you can give a try to Proton VPN which only limits the speed and number of servers in return for free service.
Yes, except for very few countries where VPNs are prohibited, it is fairly legal to use a VPN on FireStick. Be aware that it may be against the terms and conditions of streaming platforms to use a VPN to get around geographic restrictions.
For optimum protection of your online privacy and security while using Firestick, it is advised to keep your VPN turned “ON” at all times. Keeping a VPN connection active guarantees that all of your internet traffic is encrypted and sent via a remote server, protecting you from tracking and monitoring.
Yes, you can get more advantages of your same subscription by using the Firestick VPN on your other devices as well. For instance, by setting up a VPN on your computer, you’ll be able to torrent and stream anonymously, prevent network throttling, and avoid cunning trackers and hackers. Additionally, you may connect to unsafe public Wi-Fi networks using your mobile device without worrying because all of your traffic is encrypted and anonymous by using the same VPN service.